Karibu!

by Sunny Bindra on October 7, 2009 · 65 comments

in Sunny's random musings

Welcome to Sunwords.com. Feel at home, look around, browse, sit down and read, leave a comment.

Best wishes,

Sunny

1. About this site
  2. Books
  3. Programmes & Courses
  4. ‘Thought Leadership’: A new weekly column for the Business Daily
  5. Crown Your Customer

1 Steve Peifer April 8, 2007 at 9:10 pm

Sunny

You are my hero. I am very grateful for this site. Would you mind if I mentioned it to my email list? I have 1400 people I write to, and I would love them to discover the most important writer in Kenya.

2 Archie April 9, 2007 at 3:22 am

Congrats Sunny….It’s wonderful to note the launch of your web site, and beautiful to read the ever informative, inspiring and intriguing articles from Kenya, all the way in the outback of Australia. Well done and good luck.

3 Ishmeet Mahajan April 11, 2007 at 5:46 pm

HI SUNNY MAMMA! COOL WEBSITE.

4 A Kokonya April 16, 2007 at 12:07 pm

Just wanted to say your articles are great! Keep it up.

5 Yusuf Mohamed. April 21, 2007 at 5:03 pm

Somebody show me a writer better than Bindra. You make me buy the SUNDAY NATION, other reasons come a distant second. You are a star.

6 Sanjeev Parmar April 22, 2007 at 8:43 am

Dear Sunny,

I am a keen reader of your articles, and also a strong anti-hunting lobbyist. I was delighted with today’s article – The equating of the tea bushes/opium with wildlife viewing/hunting was so spot-on, I was bowled over.

Well done, and I am glad you are on our side.

7 Tony Muchugi Kamau April 23, 2007 at 8:54 am

Power of the pen seen clearly at work.

How can we lobby the Sunday Nation editor to allow you to have the entire page???

Keep on…keeping on.

Tony. Nairobi Kenya.

8 Jimmy Mbogori April 29, 2007 at 1:54 pm

Sunny,
Congratulations on the website. With such insigthful and inspiring articles your legion of fans will just keep growing…….

9 Robert Kagundah May 3, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Sunny,

Congratulations on the new web-site! Your articles are very thought provoking, intensely refreshing and highly entertaining! Sunwords is a great platform and I will spread the word to my contacts in the Diaspora and beyond!

Best wishes!

Robert Kagundah

10 Allan Mukabi May 13, 2007 at 9:52 am

The website is GREAT.
Great ideas.
Keep it up Bindra

11 Ngigi Nganga May 27, 2007 at 2:55 am

Excellent work with your articles! I wonder whether decision makers in the Kenyan government have what it takes to implement some of the ideas you briliantly put across. Keep it up!

12 Gatheru June 13, 2007 at 4:42 pm

Truly African, you touch on the very issues that we encounter daily here in Africa. Please allow me to congratulate you because I can now read these articles with my friends here in Beira, Mozambique.

13 Abdallah Gunda June 22, 2007 at 7:58 am

Dear Sunny,

I am a Tanzanian but have been reading your articles in the Sunday Nation for the past three years. You are the guru when it comes to writing.
I would also want to be a writer, especially on socio-economic issues.
Please advise me Sunny.
Regards

14 Mohammed Hersi June 30, 2007 at 1:04 pm

Dear Sunny,

Bravo.

It took me a while to vist your website but I never miss your column in the Sunday Nation.

You are a gem and I wish you the best of health as each week you pen your great thoughts. I pray hard that one day the goverment of the day will give the opportunity to the enterprising Asian community to head some of the organs of our economy. They should be allowed to make polices as they have excelled in private businesses, if Kenya is ever to take off

South Africa and neighbouring Tanzania have done that and the results are evident.

Keep on writing, Sunny

Mohammed

15 Robert Mugo June 30, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Dear Sunny,

Well done for launching your website. You have a great writing style. Now your candid and insipiring articles will be within easy reach.

Keep them coming.

16 Mufaddal Mohamed July 24, 2007 at 9:04 am

Dear Sir,

I make sure I buy the Sunday Nation and read your column. I love your articles.

Thanks a Bunch!

Mufaddal Mohamed

17 kip July 26, 2007 at 5:54 pm

Hi Sunny
Don’t know if you remember me but I once fixed your internet access when you lived in Westlands, way back in 2003 with Wananchi Online… and also set you up some domain names? I like your articles .. Since moved and now in TX..

Nice blog..

18 MainaT July 27, 2007 at 2:32 pm

Like your articles. Keep it up.

19 Patrick Gitau July 29, 2007 at 1:11 pm

The first thing I look for when I log on is A Sunny Day; never misses unless my internet is playing up. May I commend you for your good work,; some of the things you write really make me sit up and think. I shed a tear sometimes because they are so true. If our only our leaders could read what you write – but then do they have any conscience anyway? Kenya needs people like you, Sunny, to tell it as it is. Keep up the good work.
London

20 Karemandiu August 7, 2007 at 6:16 pm

I always look forward to your Sunday article in the Nation. I find your articles incisive and thought-provoking as well as witty…and now that I’ve found Sunwords I look forward to reading and commenting.

21 KAPCHANGA KWEMOI August 10, 2007 at 9:50 am

Your articles are above par. Keep it up Bindra, I think you are one of the very few writers in the world with their stories online.
Keep it up, you are an inspiration to many!

22 nashir alibhai August 12, 2007 at 10:16 am

Excellent website. Keep it up.

23 bankelele August 24, 2007 at 7:40 am

Great site, and even more content than in the Nation. Keep it up

24 DEEPU August 27, 2007 at 7:29 pm

Hey BIG BRO!

Am so proud!!

25 Onyango Nduri August 31, 2007 at 10:49 am

Sunny,

I studied Literature & Philosophy at the university, and you know what? Your take on issues is sagacious. I wish we could have a one-to-one chat. (Just a wish!).

Keep on fertilizing our hungry minds.

26 Wangui Munyua September 3, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Sunny, this is absolutely delicious material. You are an inspiration and may the richness of your mind continue to feed our passions and aspirations

27 Njagi September 10, 2007 at 7:03 am

Hey Sunny,
The most amazing thing in your articles– after your witty writing style– is the great sense of patriotism so implicitly explicit therein. I read your articles with a keen mind and I must say that they are not only intellectually provocative but also inspirational.

Creme de la creme blog! For a man of your standing, you are truely a vanguard of Afro-optimism for embracing this new alternative medium.

Shine on!

28 Elly September 10, 2007 at 8:05 pm

Hi-I might live in the desert where papers come the next day or don’t at all……….lakini ur stuff is off the hizi!

I read old articles and I must say am proud to say that I do admire you!

Thanks for the articles; my Sundays are much richer!

29 Jeremani September 11, 2007 at 9:19 am

I’ve tried to post comments (back when you started this blog), but the system kept ‘timing out’, so got a bit deterred.

Otherwise, I’ve never missed any of your articles. It is also encouraging to have a progressive educational Kenyan blog – majority of Kenyan blogs happen to be ad hominem, moronic and tribal trolls.

30 Paul Musee September 15, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Hi Sunny,
Your articles are as sunny as your name.
Keep it up and encourage more people to read and write.

31 Robert September 24, 2007 at 10:52 am

Hi Sunny, your articles are very interesting. Recently we had a hot and candid bar room debate on whether the present govt’s achievements were truly national development or mere housekeeping done well. What is your take on this debate?

32 ANINDO DUNCAN October 17, 2007 at 6:10 am

Well, but do I say….your articles are very good, you tackle issues by thinking outside the box. Please keep it up.

Just a challenge to you: do you ensure that the main decision-makers, especially in government, get to see the way managing well could propel this country to greater heights? And how acting on the questions and issues you raise could make a positive difference to the lives of the people of Kenya?

33 ken nyaga December 9, 2007 at 1:26 pm

Sunny, to me you are a portable library. Your articles keep me informed and are a source of reference. Keep it up.

34 Silapei February 15, 2008 at 10:06 am

Hey Sunny,
Am a student at USIU.
Am not a book person, but thanks for the book!! It’s portable, with excellent lessons for everyone and very real!!!
Thanks for the articles too. Keep up the good work and all the best!!!

35 wycliffe o. mogeni February 28, 2008 at 6:03 pm

You inspire many people to write. I admire your articles a lot. Website is appealing.

36 Michael Muriithi chomba February 29, 2008 at 11:35 am

I must say, I really appreciate your work Sunny, and with every day I look forward to learn more of your opinions regarding the daily happenings. Thanks for the good work.

37 Ibrahim March 14, 2008 at 1:49 pm

Your column is one of my favourites. You really inspire people. Keep up the good work

38 ELVIS BIWOTT June 22, 2008 at 9:12 pm

Sunny, i simply can’t get enough of your articles. I am a self-confessed Bindraholic! While other writers age like milk, you age like wine. I am an undergrad student in Moi Uni pursuing a B Sc degree in Entrepreneurship and your articles make a joke of the big textbooks i read in campus! God bless you magnanimously.

39 Kenn G Munyeki June 28, 2008 at 5:34 am

You are a cut above the best. A true sage.

40 mark August 4, 2008 at 3:36 pm

Nice work can’t really compare you to any body, when it comes to the TRUTH!!!!!! cool website too!

41 ERIC MUTUNGA August 9, 2008 at 5:31 pm

Hi Sunny, bravo for your articles which are very interesting, intriguing and thought provoking. You are one of the finest and most refined jounalists of our times… a rare pedigree!

42 Bedford Ndege September 21, 2008 at 3:52 pm

I would also like to give you congratulations on the incisive articles you write. It sounds to me like a teacher giving me a piece of advice on how I should be when I go out of college. It gives you some energy to go an extra mile from where you were stuck. Keep the beautiful work up to see whether it can change our country Kenya, and it will change.

43 Chandesh October 26, 2008 at 10:02 am

Sunny, congratulations on reaching a milestone: 400 articles! Well done.

44 Samuel Ndirangu November 7, 2008 at 11:38 am

You are just stupendous. Just was wondering whether you would ever consider taking up a public appointment if offered. Another note don’t spoil Kenyans’ party over Obama this weekend. Sure apart from inspiration there are no other goodies-we dont deserve it even, but let Kenyans enjoy.Next week you can give them the reality check.

45 hussein mohammed March 9, 2009 at 7:53 pm

hi sunny excellent work, i’ve become an addict of reading your articles, you are really an inspiration to me as a student.keep up!!

46 Sam Some April 10, 2009 at 11:28 am

Hi Bindra,
I am Network Marketer,I don’t miss your sanguine articles in our dailies.You are an inspiration to my type – the next generation of bussiness millionaires.Please sir, could you be having any article written on the subject:Multilevel Marketing?Let me have a copy.many thanks!

47 moha December 2, 2009 at 4:31 pm

am waiting for the next sunday to grab a copy of the sunday nation to read your article.
you inspire me

48 Caroline Karanja February 22, 2010 at 11:27 am

Hi there Sunny,

We’re REALLY looking forward to the Tea Break session with you this Wednesday, February 24th, at Kencom House.

Why have you disappeared from the Business Daily (since February 15th)?

Caroline – a big fan.

49 Jonah Odongo April 9, 2010 at 8:16 am

Hi sunny, I read your article sometime back about customer care in our public transport industry. I wish people read these articles you write, we’d have a more ethical, and a morally upright society, and business environment. Keep it up Sunny, continue inspiring us.

50 sunita April 18, 2010 at 9:00 am

Hi Sunny,

I have been reading your articles every Sunday! The article in Today 18th April is one I have experienced in an Italian Restaurant in Mombasa…… the same shrug! I do hope the message gets across!
I started reading your articles when I happened to read about the example you had given on the Upnishads in one of your articles……….. ” The body is like a Chariot drawn by five powerful horses” since then have enjoyed your Sunwords! Waiting for next Sunday!
Sunita